Tired Lethargic, Achy bloated, Allergic, catch colds easily;Adrenal Stress could be the answer .
Adrenal Fatigue or stress is an often overlooked condition that can be severely affecting your health, wellbeing and quality of life.
If you can answer “yes” to several of the following questions then you need to consider that Adrenal Fatigue may the cause.
- Are you constantly tired even though you seem to be getter enough rest?
- Are you waking up tired but not able to sleep easily at night because you feel really “wired”?
- Finding it difficult to relax?
- Often sick and then taking a long time to recover?
- Feeling bloated?
- Do you now have constant allergy symptoms?
- Had a significant stress event in your life, like serious illness, divorce, lost your job, death of a family member and finding that you just can’t seem to get over that? Haven’t felt the same since.?
- Are you regularly experiencing significant Premenstrual syndrome or Menopausal symptoms?
The most common signs of adrenal fatigue include:
- Continued and ongoing fatigue even in the absence of any real reason,
- trouble sleeping, trouble getting out of bed,
- less tolerance to stress
- decreased ability to handle stress
- depression, anxiety,
- sugar and/or salt cravings,
- weight gain, especially around your middle and an inability to lose weight,
- increased effort to do everyday tasks,
- decreased libido,
- general body aches for no apparent reason
- muscle weakness
- increased PMS, perimenopausal, or menopausal symptoms especially when under stress,
- you experience light headedness when standing up,
- low body temperature,
- more prone to colds and flu and finding it hard to shake it off
- Absent mindedness always, feeling as though you are in a daze or a fog.
- mild constipation alternating with diarrhoea
As you can see the list is quite extensive and these symptoms can progress and become quite miserable, depending on how far your adrenal fatigue has progressed.
There is however good news. Adrenal fatigue and exhaustion can be vastly improved by addressing and reducing your stress and improving your diet. Adrenal exhaustion also responds well to certain herbs and specific vitamin supplementation. See Helping your Fatigued Adrenal glands to repair.
However it is important to note that these symptoms can also be applied to several other conditions.
Similar symptoms can also be caused by a low functioning thyroid, undiagnosed chronic infection, hormone imbalances, poor functioning kidneys to name a few. Therefore it is important that all other possible causes be rules out.
Although there no specific tests that will provide a true diagnosis of adrenal fatigue, there are several tests that when conducted can contribute to an accurate assessment, often by eliminating the presence of other conditions.
If you are only mildly unwell or only have a few of the above symptoms then making changes to lifestyle, diet , sleep patterns and stress levels can significantly improve your health and wellbeing.
If you are feeling quite unwell I suggest that before you embark on a course of self diagnosis and treatment do yourself a favour and be properly assessed by a registered health care practitioner.