Sustainable Weight Loss
This group program is designed to be a supportive as well as an educational process. It includes an overview of the interconnected factors that contribute to both weight gain and a can make sustainable weight loss so difficult.
This overview program is designed to
- provide background knowledge of the physical metabolic issues that may be keeping you “stuck” with more weight than you would like;
- illustrate why calorie-restrictive diets result in rebound weight gain in over 90% of cases;
- show how your foods affect your moods;
- help you decide what support would be best for you.
The program explores the role of the following in weight gain and retention:
- stress and our emotions
- hormones and adrenal function
- metabolic X syndrome
- blood sugar metabolism
- the role of reactive foods and food sensitivities, such as gluten, dairy and soy, in weight gain
- the importance of healthy gut flora
- the new wellness-promoting food pyramid and how it guides balanced eating
- how to live a balanced lifestyle that leaves room for a little of what you “fancy”
As you can see, managing weight gain and loss is far more complex than simply thinking about calories and exercise.
Don’t worry! This program will not overwhelm you with science; rather, it provides you with the knowledge you need to feel empowered in your endeavour to create change, shed unhealthy fat, increase your energy and reap the positive outcomes of your good work.
To find out if this program is what you need and to register your interest in participating in a course contact Sonja for a obligation free getting to know you call.