The Value an Integrated Approach to Wellness care
My professional and personal experience has convinced me that the only way create sustained vibrant good health and wellbeing is by incorporating and applying an integrated approach to wellness care.
In western society, we have come to think of ourselves as consisting of a series of isolated parts. When sick or injured, we tend to identify a problem, associate it with a single part and then set about ” fixing” only that part.
In truth, however, no one part of us—body, mind or spirit—exists in isolation. Each and every part continuously interacts with every other part of our being. And in fact, focusing on one only area of health often occurs at the expense of another. For instance, if we exercise excessively, we can inadvertently create joint problems and mineral loss. If we suddenly go on an unbalanced weight loss diet, it frequently affects our hormones and mental health.
But when we look closely at how out bodies work it becomes obvious that;
- Our physical wellness affects our emotional wellbeing and vice versa.
- What we eat affects not only our weight and energy level, but also our moods and our capacity to think clearly.
- Our thoughts, too, affect our moods, which can in turn create stress that has been shown to increase inflammation, depress the immune system and predispose us to an increased risk of illness.
- What we eat affects our health as well as our emotions. According to Dr. Daniel Amen In his book , Change your brain , Change your body, discusses how your diet can create depression.
- What you eat can affect your energy, cause adrenal exhaustion, pain and inflammation, weaken or strengthen your immune system, create hormone imbalance, and increase the risk of many chronic diseases.
- Your hormones can affect your moods; moods affect your food choices.
- What your eat can create allergic reactions, Allergies can create spinal tension and spinal misalignment
- Spinal misalignment can create poor digestion, headaches .
- Back pain creates stress and Stress can create any of the above conditions.
- Our emotions govern our actions, our energy and vibrancy, our immune system , basically our whole lives.
As you can see, this can easily become a very confusing cycle.
I believe that by providing a range of Integrated Wellness Therapies, that looks at the Whole Person, addressing structure, nutrition, emotions, allergies or toxins and changing what ever aspects needs addressing, one step at a time, lasting change to your health,wellness, physical and emotional wellbeing can occur.
If only one area of your health is out of balance then that is all that will be treated.
So why do I address emotions as well as the physical body?
Unresolved or ” negative” Emotions and our subsequent beliefs and behaviour patterns are frequently at the core of many illnesses and self sabotaging behaviours.
I believe that the decisions—large and small—that we make in our every day lives determines what our life becomes.
These decisions, or choices, are governed by our values and beliefs. Consequently, our life is largely a reflection of both our conscious and subconscious beliefs. And these beliefs are the cumulative result of our experiences and early “programming”.
Scientists and psychologists now believe that our subconscious brain generates over 90% of our reactions and behaviours (see also Our Three Brains). It is in our subconscious mind that the origins of our self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviours are hidden. When you keep repeating the same self-sabotaging behaviours over and over again, then chances are you have a conflict between your conscious and your subconscious beliefs.
So if you are having difficulty making the healthy life style changes that you know can improve your Physical and Emotional Wellbeing, most likely this will be because of because of your subconscious beliefs and patterns that you a operating from and you don’t even know it
In the words of Mahatma Gandhi:
Your beliefs become your thoughts, Your thoughts become your words, Your words become your actions, Your actions become your habits, Your habits become your values, Your values become your Life.
Our beliefs significantly affect our actions.
When you change your beliefs you have the potential to change your life. However, generally, to significantly change your behaviours without feeling at “war with yourself”, you need to know what
- your subconscious beliefs are
- and then clear or release them.
Uncovering how our beliefs are actually running our lives is possible, with the use of various Mindset change processes.
By working as a Wellbeing Navigator I work to uncover all the obstacles that may be preventing you from being pain free and vibrantly healthy.
I believe that the power and ability to create significant and lasting change comes from a wholistic approach, one that addresses body structure and diet and nutrition as well as the emotional and self-sabotaging behaviours that often keep us “stuck”, unable to make the changes we want.
It is my aim to help you reach your personal wellbeing goals and to achieve the significant and long-term change you are hoping for. But choice to change is up to you!
What are you going to chose— settling for “an absence of symptoms”… or “flourishing wellbeing and vibrant living?
Need help deciding what Services you may need, or want to discover how working with a Wellness Coach and Stress-relief Expert in an integrated approach to wellness care could help you to “Get Well, Stay Well, Live Well and Flourish” then Contact us for a complimentary chat.